Happy Banana Lovers Day!
(It’s for real! Click here for a list of other foodie holidays)
While this might not be as legit as Valentine’s Day or St. Patty’s, it’s pretty important right?!?!
To celebrate that and, well, the first day of school for my fellow Aggies, I whipped up a batch of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins to satisfy my family’s sweet tooth…and banana tooth (we probably go through a pound of ‘nanners a week).
But let’s get real. Any reason is good enough to bake a batch.
The best part? You can add these muffins to your “healthy recipe list”. With about 100 calories and only 2 grams of fat in each, they’re are a great way to stay full on-the-go without sacrificing that bodacious summer bod you worked so hard for these past months 😉 .
Also a prettttttty great addition to any afternoon, enjoy one or two accompanied by some (ahem STRONGLY CAFFEINATED) tea or coffee…. and if that doesn’t work, maybe a nap instead. It’s all heavenly.
So what are you waiting for? Go celebrate National Banana Lovers’ Day the RIGHT way 😀
(bowl of chocolate chips optional…. but totally encouraged)
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings : 12
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, butter, yogurt, sugar and milk. Add bananas
- Fold banana mixture into flour mixture. Add chocolate chips just until combined.
- Fill a greased muffin tin 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly brown
- Serve warm with lots of love!