I can’t believe it’s September already! How time flies when you’re having fun, right?! For me, September means Switzerland and I leave for my year-long study abroad in exactly ONE WEEK…..Eeeeek!!!! (no worries! I still be blogging about my adventures right here 😀 )
For one last hurrah, I took a wee excursion down to my true collegiate homeland, Texas A&M, for a little R&R with my best friends. While here, I made a few discoveries that instantly made my month totally worthwhile, thus compiling a true list of “september obsessions” (I promise there’s a recipe in here!)
1. This plate at the house of Emily, Katie, Madeline and Maddie
2. “Burnt Toast” by Teri Hatcher (it’s seriously hilarious guys)
3. Feeling posh while watching Gossip Girl and munching on these Grilled Goat Cheese and Strawberry Sandwiches
4. Coffee bean ice cube trays—–> iced coffee
5. Settlers of Catan
6. Exit Through the Gift Shop: A Banksy Film
7. Getting a Starbie’s soy latte in the morning just for that treat receipt in the afternoon (well, let’s be honest here; any excuse is good enough to hit up the ‘bucks)
8. This video about cats
9. Sweet little Succulents
10. Annnnnnnnnd this recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders with Apricot-Balsamic Sauce! What kind of food blogger would I be without a tasty tasty recipe ? 😉
Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- 6 chicken tenders, cut into large chunks
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place diced chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and lightly spray with olive oil. Next, place bread crumbs in a small bowl. Lightly roll each chicken piece in the crumbs and place back on baking sheet. When finished, sprinkle salt and pepper over all chicken pieces and bake for about 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Talk to you guys soon!!!! Have a fantastic Labor Day!