Hi guys! Bonjour mes amis! How’s it going?!
I’ve been here in Lausanne for a little more than a week now, exploring the city, learning the transportation system, eating lots of good food- you know the drill. Luckily, I was able to move into my apartment in Cèdres last Friday (WOOOOO!!!!!!!). As luck would have it, my apartment is pretty much like the United Nations. Or Ellis Island. Or, actually, Disneyland. My roommates are some of the coolest people I’ve met in my 20-ish years of existence.
- There’s Hazem, a quite sociable Syrian who speaks a million languages and cooks a mean rösti
- Yu (who me? No, Yu!) from China who actually works at the United Nations in Geneva after completing his studies here
- David, a kind hearted master of all things Swiss from Neuchâtel…. and bass guitar aficionado
- And finally, Kylea the Canadian sweetheart who can bust a move like no other!
What’s more, fellow Aggies Emma and Katie also live here with rooms close enough for fashioning string-and-tin-can communication mechanisms.It’s actually quite perfect for planning shenanigans or simply sharing an amazing CHF 3 bottle of wine from Coop Pronto (Just in case you were wondering, there’s no such thing as “bad wine” in Switzerland. It’s all like, nectar from the Gods).
To sum things up in a pictorial fashion, here’s a colorful display of what I’ve been up to lately.
1. Constant jaw-dropping
6. And, of course, lots and lots and lots of coffee
Talk to y’all soon!