I’m always in the market for a good snack. While browsing the endless aisles of the grocery store, I came across some dark chocolate banana chips! However, being the cheap yet delightfully adventurous college student that I am, I realized I had enough ingredients in the cupboard to try making my own. The result? BEST SNACK EVAAAAA!
The best part of this snack is the three main ingredients– bananas, dark chocolate chips (I tend to use the organic variety but feel to use whatever you like!) and a little lemon juice to keep the bananas from browning. And that’s it! No additives, preservatives or yellow #6.
Dark Chocolate Banana Chips
- two bananas
- 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Slice banans 1/4 of an inch thick and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle lemon juice over bananas to keep them from turning brown.
- When finished, put cookie sheets in oven. Bake bananas for about two hours until flat and slightly crispy.
- Allow banana chips to cool for about 20 minutes. While waiting, lay out a large sheet of wax paper.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a microwavable safe bowl. When banana chips are cooled, use two forks and dip the bananas in melted chocolate. Place on the wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
(Also, if you don’t eat them all right away, store these bad boys in the fridge to keep the freshness alive!)